Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Fr. Pierre Salembier, S.J.

Message from Fr. Pierre Salembier, S.J., Fr. General’s Delegate for World Union for Jesuit Alumni/ae, for the 4th National Congress held in Jamshedpur on October 29-31, 2004.

Dear members of the Indian Federation of Jesuit Alumni,

The Jesuit institutions in India are not completely foreign to me. I have a very lively memory of the tertianship that I did in Hazaribagh in 1979-1980, and after this time of formation, I had the opportunity to visit many Jesuit schools and colleges in Calcutta, Bombay, Poona and especially in Madurai and Andhra, where I had the pleasant mission of visiting the last French Jesuits still living there.

In January 2003, when I was only the chaplain for the French federation of alumni, I enjoyed very much participating in the last world congress that you organised so well in Calcutta.

I hope that I shall be given other opportunities to be in contact with you, but until then, I send you all my best wishes and the assistance of my prayer for this congress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home